September 6, 2023 – September 8, 2023
32392 South Coast Highway
TO HELP REPEAL THE NEGATIVE EFFECT OF PROP 19
• Parents should be able to transfer their home and limited other property to their children WITHOUT triggering reassessment and a HUGE TAX INCREASE.
• Voters were TRICKED INTO REMOVING that protection from state law when they passed Prop. 19 in November 2020.
• The Repeal the Death Tax initiative will RESTORE this important taxpayer protection for California families.
• FAMILIES benefit because the death of a parent won’t trigger an UNAFFORDABLE TAX HIKE.
• RENTERS benefit because this measure stops sudden reassessment of family-owned apartment buildings, which could lead to higher rents or eviction if the landlord passes away.