Corona del Mar BID
Accomplishments & Goals
Completed Projects & Maintenance
Over the past 17 year years, The CDM BID has proudly invested over $3,000,000 back into the community with the following accomplishments. For more information, see annual reports.
- Relinquishment of Coast Hwy from Caltrans and the construction of landscaped medians.
- Installation of pedestrian crosswalks at Iris and Orchid.
- Construction of the “Town Square” with Clock Tower at PCH and Marguerite.
- Installation of street furniture including bus stop benches, sidewalk benches, trash receptacles and bike racks.
- Landscaping of the sidewalk tree wells.
- Installation of decorative “Heritage” street lighting fixtures.
- Holiday & special event décor & seasonal light pole banners.
- Enhanced Gateway entry into Corona del Mar at PCH & MacArthur.
- Pocket Park created as mini pedestrian park by Hobie Surf Shop.
- Business Beautification Recognition Awards Program.
- Merchant Marketing & Media Campaigns in conjunction with the Corona del Mar Chamber of Commerce.
- Marketing contributions for Corona del Mar Chamber Programs: CDM Business Directory, Christmas Walk and Dolphin Topiary Décor Program.
Future Goals & Priorities
- Flower Street Sign Program to incorporate illustrations of the flowers for which the streets are named.
- News Rack upgrades and associated ordinance changes for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Parking – Continue to explore increased availability and ordinance changes for Cdm Parking.
- Gateway Entry Project Lighting Maintenance for a festive nighttime entry into Cdm.
- Marguerite Beautification Project – Create a Town Center Atmosphere (Marguerite & PCH).
- Street Furniture – Maintain existing and add new features.
- Landscaping – Maintain landscaping and continue to develop a lush garden environment.
- Holiday Lighting & Décor – Continue to upgrade & enhance holiday Decor.
- Communications – Upgrade website for better member communications & marketing
- Outreach – continue annual town meetings and increase outreach workshops. Continue to assist Merchant Marketing Programs in conjunction with the Corona del Mar Chamber of Commerce
For more information, see annual reports.