Corona del Mar BID
Accomplishments & Goals
Completed Projects & Maintenance
Over the past 20+ years, The CDM BID has proudly invested over $3,000,000 back into the community with the following accomplishments.
- Relinquishment of Coast Hwy from Caltrans and the construction of landscaped medians.
- Installation of pedestrian crosswalks at Iris and Orchid.
- Construction of the “Town Square” with Clock Tower at PCH and Marguerite.
- Installation of street furniture including bus stop benches, sidewalk benches, trash receptacles and bike racks.
- Landscaping of the sidewalk tree wells.
- Installation of decorative “Heritage” street lighting fixtures.
- Holiday & special event décor & seasonal light pole banners.
- Enhanced Gateway entry into Corona del Mar at PCH & MacArthur.
- Pocket Park created as mini pedestrian park by Hobie Surf Shop.
- Installation of Decorative Flower Street Signs illustrating the flowers of the popular CdM Flower Streets.
- Completed Parking Study to assist with modifying the existing parking requirements to support local business.
- Business Beautification Recognition Awards Program.
- Shop Local & Other Merchant Marketing & Media Campaigns in conjunction with the Corona del Mar Chamber of Commerce.
- Marketing support for Corona del Mar Chamber Programs: CdM Business Directory, Christmas Walk and Dolphin Topiary Décor Program.
- Enhanced Development and communications of a CdM Website including a CdM Business Directory.
Maintenance (Paid for by the CdM BID)
- Street Furniture – Maintenance of existing appearance & inventory (Includes: Benches, trash receptacles, bike racks and newspaper racks).
- Landscaping – Maintenance of PCH tree wells and medians.
The Above 2 Maintenance items were taken over by the City in 2018.
- Holiday Lighting & Decor – Continue to upgrade & enhance holiday atmosphere.
- Outreach – Continue annual town meetings and increase outreach workshops.
- Parking – Continue to modify parking requirements.
For more information, see annual reports.